Eagle Rods — The Difference You Can't See
All Eagle "ESP" Connecting Rods are manufactured from a TWO-PIECE FORGING. The forging process forces the grain into the shape of a connecting rod, resulting in a superior fatigue life. The rod cap is forged separately so that the grain runs perpendicular to the load forces, which strengthens the connecting rod. Many aftermarket connecting rods are manufactured from 4340 steel. 4340 specs allow a range of different materials to achieve the desired results. Although it is a more expensive process, all Eagle "ESP" 3-D connecting rods also include higher content of nickel & chrome, which increases the strength & fatigue life without making the connecting rod brittle.
Extensive testing has proven Eagle's two-piece forging superior to any one-piece forging on the market! All Eagle "ESP" Rods are clearly identified. Proper rod bolt torque is vital to connecting rod life. A rod bolt fastner is without question the highest stressed fastener in the engine. The big end bore of the connecting rod is a stressed bore in much the same way as cylinders are on a block. It is equally important to torque properly to provide proper strength & to insure the big end of the rod sizing is correct. Improper torque will result in premature rod failure!
Beware of connecting rods that do not include torque specifications.
Eagle "ESP" H Beam Connecting Rods Feature:
- First connecting rod manufacturer to machine on the state-of-the-art Sunnen Krossgrinding™ System to hold extremely tight tolerances! Center to center length +/- .001 Big End Barrel / Bellmouthing +/- .0002 Big End Bore +/- .0002 -- Pin end bore +/- .0002
- Stroker Design provides cam clearance for 3.800 on small block Chevy engines with no modification. Stroker design provides cam clearance for 4.250 on big block Chevy engines with no modification.
- Weight savings between 30-70 grams (depending on rod length).
- Reduce balancing cost! Larger stroke applications can see savings of $100.00 to $200.00 on balancing cost alone!
- Over 80 different rods available for popular Chevrolet, Chrysler, Ford, Oldsmobile, Pontiac, AMC, Nissan, Acura, Honda and Toyota engines!
- All Eagle "ESP" connecting rods are available individulally or in sets. Please specify weights on individual rod purchases.
- 3-D Design offers the advantages of reduced weight without sacrificing any of our original rod's strength, offering maximum strength to weight ratio.
- 2-Piece forging for increased strength.
- Ready to run, installation instruction and bolt lubricant included.
- ARP 7/16" 8740 Capscrew bolts standard (190,000 psi) unless otherwise noted. Optional ARP 2000 (230,000 psi) and ARP L-19 (265,000 psi) bolts for extreme horsepower applications. L-19 bolts are recommended for small block engines exceeding 700 horsepower and big block engines exceeding 850 horsepower.
- Silicon bronze bushings for floating piston pins.
- Multi-stage heat treated.
- Packaged in weight matched sets end to end +/- 1 gram.
- Certified 4340 steel, vacuum degassed to remove impurities.
- Each forging is X-rayed, sonic tested and magnafluxed to insure quality.
- All surfaces are 100% machined.
- Shot peened to stress relieve the metal.
- Precision alignment sleeves positively locate the rod cap, maintaining big end bore size and eliminating cap walk.
- Eagle "ESP" Connecting Rods provide the strength and durability required in unlimited engines at a sportman rod price.
- All Eagle "ESP" Small Block Chevrolet Rods now feature a .050 shorter bolt head for increased block clearance!
- Forged in China.
- Sized and finished in the United States.